Monday, February 14, 2005

I had a big realization yesterday. A realization as to what the power of influence can do. I was awed at the big clout Hinduism is creating for itself in America. A visit to the Kalachandhji temple ( more or less ISKON ) gave me an insight as to how people are gripped by Krishna consciousness. When I say people, I don't mean the Desis trying to catch up with their roots, but actual American Whites. This embracing to the Hindu culture can be traced to the popularity of yoga and ayurveda. When people came seeking yoga for peace of mind, they saw that attaining "Nirvana" was much closer. The thought of eternal peace brought them closer to the movement, a movement which is bringing in "Indianess" to the American soceity while stilling trying to maintain it's cosmopolitan tinge

No comments: